Preamble

We are a family of three; Andrew, Jodie and Jessica (aged 18) from Tasmania, Australia who are currently serving in Douala, Cameroon, Central Africa on the M/V Africa Mercy, the largest non-governmental hospital ship in the world, through Mercy Ships International. God has called us on a journey that has been many years in the making. For this season we call Africa home, as we seek to bring hope and healing to the poorest of the poor.



Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Special Delivery


Imagine my surprise (and all those around me) when Andrew came to my work computer in the Hospital forward office to present me with these flowers! A florist in West Africa-unheard of really! They were beautiful and made our cabin smell lovely for weeks. We knew it was time to throw them out when we started noticing little flying insects hanging around out cabin. TIA. Andrew couldn't resist telling me how much they were, or should I say weren't! Approx $8AUD. So now you know how much you are getting ripped off on fresh cut flowers in developed nations!

No comments:

Post a Comment