Preamble

We are a family of three; Andrew, Jodie and Jessica (aged 18) from Tasmania, Australia who are currently serving in Douala, Cameroon, Central Africa on the M/V Africa Mercy, the largest non-governmental hospital ship in the world, through Mercy Ships International. God has called us on a journey that has been many years in the making. For this season we call Africa home, as we seek to bring hope and healing to the poorest of the poor.



Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Yummy Mummys

Many of you will know that I am a pretty social kind of person and I enjoy getting together with my girlfriends very much! I have been missing that while we have been away so I decided to do something about it and organised a mum's night out to a local restaurant called Mamba Point. Unfortunately many of the mums were away on holidays so numbers were down (normally there are about 25 mums on the ship-whose children are serving with them, I should clarify). We had a great night and really enjoyed the time out. So much so that I and another crew mum are organising regular events for crew mums. This Friday we are having coffee in the cafe with an international flavour. We have asked the mums to bring a snack from their home country. I haven't figured out how I am going to accomplish that as yet!

Sabine's noodles

Tiffany's pizza.

My garlic steak. I accidently ordered two main meals due to a bit of a lanuage breakdown. I thought I was getting a sushi entree but ended up with some crumbed chicken, rice, vegetables and a crab salad-what the????

I was a bit mesmorised by the sight of this ATM machine-the first one I have seen in West Africa and the only one I have seen in over seven months. See the pretty lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment